Saturday 24 March 2018

The longest run!!

Today's planned run was to run for 4 hours.  I didn't really know what sort of distance I would manage to cover over that time, all I knew was that I wanted to achieve being on my feet for a long time.  The foot had still been a bit touchy this week and some will argue I should still be resting it but in all honesty, I feel like I am running out of time to get these runs in.  I set out around 7am as the sun was trying to get up and shine.  I decided I would just go up and down streets and see where I ended up.  I was guttered when around the 11km mark I accidentally knocked my watch and 'finished' the run.  I guess I just needed to restart it again and keep on trucking.  I will not lie, it was not easy.  It was even harder to hear my own mother say it looked like I was struggling when she went past me with about 2km to go.  BUT ... I have always known it will not be an easy achievement!  I am so proud and still in a lot of shock at what I did achieve today.  Just over 31km and just under 4 hours!  The longest I have ever run in distance and time and the longest it will be before May 5 and that first marathon.  And I have discovered podcasts thanks to a great friend and am finding they are helping A LOT with these long runs!  Until next time




No comments:

Post a Comment