Monday 19 February 2018

Fake it until you make it



So for a while now I have been working under the ‘fake it until you make it’ quote. So far while doing this I have achieved quite a bit. But ... now I am left wondering if I have still just been faking it all along???? As you know I’m training for my first marathon and I know you can’t fake those in any way. You can fake any of the training for it either. So while I had been doing reasonably well with my training up until a few weeks ago I’m struggling now. And I’m not even into the hard stuff yet. My body just doesn’t want to co operate with runs. My legs drag me down, I have walked so much more than I should have. I’ve injured myself along the way. Am I just trying to fake that I can achieve this a little too much?? My mind keeps throwing little thoughts all over the place and I really am questioning if can do this ...

2 comments:

  1. You've got this One run at a time. You will get there, I know it. Walk when you need to, there's nothing wrong with that.
    "She believed she could, so she did".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you k8. Managing to run tonight made me feel better but I just seem to take forever to recover from runs. And I know there is nothing wrong with walking

      Delete